Ahmad Zohadi is an architectural scholar, theorician, researcher, publisher and organizer of international architectural events;
2A Magazine was established under the leadership of Ahmad Zohadi [Chief Editor, CEO and Publisher] in 2006.
In accordance with the regulation of 2A Magazine and based on the theme in each issue, Ahmad leads and invites the guest editors as professionals and experts to focus on the theme and finalize the contributions, Below are some of the significant architectural themes and studies which have been published in 2A Magazine accordingly.
– High in the Middle East, Autumn 2006
– Architecture & Tourism, Winter 2007
– Nomadism, June 2007
– Sustainability, Innovation and Nanotechnology, Autumn 2007
– Research Project on Sustainable Design [Re- Conceiving the Built Environments of the Persian Gulf Region], Winter 2008
– Architecture: Linking Interior and Urban Environments, Spring 2008
– Boutique City: Design for Sale, Summer 2008
– Design Sustainability and Green Communities, Summer 2009
– Museum in the Middle East, Spring 2010
– Architecture & Landscape [The Dialogue with Nature], Summer 2010
– Architecture, Culture and Spirituality, Two editions- Autumn 2009 & Spring 2011
– Iranian Architecture & Art Today, Autumn 2011
– Women’s Voices in Architecture & Design, Winter 2011
– Eco- Form, Spring 2012
– Contemporary Indian Architecture, Summer 2012
– Featured Edition: Qatar Architecture Old & New, Summer 2013
– Resurgent Urbanism: The Challenge to the Middle Eastern Cities, Winter 2014
– The Past, Present and Future State of Architecture in Turkey, Winter 2015
– Architecture is the Social Application of Art, Summer 2016
– Uniting Through Architecture, Summer 2017
– Compatibility of Form with its Surrounding Environment, Summer 2018
– Architecture & Displacement, Summer 2020
A review of the 2A viewpoints:
Based on the 2A’s viewpoints, “Architecture is an art and profession, which plays a multi-dimensional role in any society. Its function and responsibility is not merely to create beautiful living spaces, it has to reflect and respond to the social, cultural and economical needs and challenges of that specific society, country, region or continent.
Even within a certain society, there are different groups and issues, which may need special support and consideration. 2A magazine has been committed to focus on these challenges in the past 16 years and important local and global concerns have been published.
The magazine also is a sensitive and effective media element which can reflect an actual image of architecture by focusing on different regional architecture and promote the importance and necessities of considering ”Architecture and Design Achievement, Culture, Social Evolution, Education, Social-ethics, Environmental- ethics, Observation learning”.
Furthermore, The 2A‘s activities such as organizing annual architectural awards are in fact shaping and creating a new and positive transformative trend to flourish for well- balanced living and be presented multi-dimensionally by expanding interactions in architecture, and also helping architectural designers to expand their horizons to become more creative and professionally aware of multiple aspects of this amazing art and profession.
He is also Founder, Director and Head of Organizing Committee of the following 2A activities:
– 2A Annual Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA]
Based on the professional architectural structure and criteria, 2ACAA has been organized to hold since 2015 and by now the 2A special edition has also been published for each year perfectly based on the following themes:
– 2A Asia Architecture Award 2015 , Host and Academic Partner: Istanbul Technical University [ITU]
– 2A Asia Architecture Award 2016, Academic Partner: academic of fine arts vienna
– 2A Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA] for Asia & Europe 2017, Academic Partner: Beuth Hochschule fur Technik Berlin
– 2A Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA] for Asia & Europe 2018, Academic Partner: IaaC, Barcelona
– 2A Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA] for Asia- Oceania, Europe, Africa, South & Central America and North America 2019, Host & Academic Partner: Polytechnic University of Madrid
– 2A Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA] for Asia- Occeania, Europe, Africa, South & Central America and North America 2020, Online
– 2A City- Architecture Movie Award [2ACAMA]
Based on the professional architectural structure and criteria, 2ACAMA has been held in 2020
– 2A ArchiPedia [Architectural Encyclopedia]
– 2A Paragon City [Urban Interaction Forum]
– 2A Art Gallery [Presentation of Creativity and Innovation]
– 2A Institute of Architecture & Design
– 2A Center for Regional Research & Developments
Ahmad Zohadi believes that 2A Magazine is much more than a specialized architectural and art media, it amplifies the voices of the architects and artists to promote cultural understanding and innovate the space and environment.
Based on his target points, The magazine’s contents and themes of the 2A activities, focuses on the following significant viewpoints.
- Well- Balanced Living and Multidimensional Growth & Progress
- Creating a Better Living Space in Cities around the Globe
- Integrating Various Aspects of Architecture (Social, Cultural and Environmental)
Note: 2A Magazine is also a communication tool for Architecture & Art, which focuses on social and cultural points in all dimensions of form, figure and space which absolutely affects our lives.
Furthermore, it provided a platform for sharing ideas of various origins about different themes which could be an effective way for recognition of architectural features and reality of today’s life.